A golf tee is a small peg that holds the ball up. You use it when playing the first stroke of a hole. Professional golfers will tell you that finding a reliable golf tee contributes to playing a great game.
So how will you know when you’ve found the right one? Buying your first set of tees can be confusing because there are so many options. A peg can be plastic, wooden, or bamboo in some cases.
Luckily, we’ve done the hard work for you. Here are the best golf tees for beginners!
If you’re interested in moving away from tradition and investing in plastic tees, this set is an excellent option for you. Buying this set of golf tees is a great investment if you’re looking for something durable. Unlike wooden tees, the Martini tees are virtually unbreakable. You can rely on them no matter how many times you accidentally hit them.
Martini Tees are scientifically proven to improve your game. According to independent laboratory tests, using the tees will give you longer and straighter drives. A verified customer also confirmed this claim. As a beginner you need all the help you can get, and buying these tees might give you the help that you desperately need.
If you’re a beginner who has dreams of playing in big competitions, you can still carry these golf tees with you. Martini Tees are made in Michigan and align with the USGA Rules of Golf. No matter if you’re thinking about playing a round at your local country club or participating in big tournaments, you can take these durable tees along on the journey.
- Length: 3 ¼ inches
- Width: No less than an inch
- Weight: 1 Pound
- Material: Polymer resin blend
- It’s ranked as one of the top 10 best golf tees.
- The golf tees come in various colors, so you’re free to choose the one that matches your style and stands out the most in the grass.
- Wooden tees snap so easily that plastic tees are a worthier purchase.
- A single pack will last you a month or so.
- They’re large enough to support bigger modern-day drivers.
- You can use it no matter how high the tee box is.
- The price is a little high for only five tees.
Champ also uses durable plastic to make their golf tees, and they take it a step further by having a six-pronged head. A six-pronged head comes in handy when you’re trying to balance your ball — no more struggling around like you would with the Martini tees. Buying this means that you have a guarantee that your ball won’t fall off.
Unlike plain golf tees, the tees are stripped to help you choose the height. You can adjust the size by pushing it into the ground and using the stripes to measure how far you want to go. The striped design also makes the tees easy to spot. Even though the neon green colors blend in with the grass, your chances of hitting the grass instead of your ball are low.
The golf tees have contoured cups that improve performance. The contoured head keeps balls in place and reduces friction and resistance. Whether you’re a professional or beginner golfer, a contoured cup can take your game to the next level.
- Length: 3 ¼ inches
- Weight: 1.76 ounces
- Package Dimensions: 4.13 x 2.99 x 0.98 inches
- The tees are 5x stronger than wooden tees.
- Using the tees will improve your distance and accuracy.
- If you’re environmentally conscious, you can rest easy knowing that it’s made from degradable materials.
- The design resembles a classic tee.
- If the top of the tee gets crushed, you can quickly fix it by flattening the head.
- The contoured cup provides stability and makes swinging easier for beginner golfers.
- The hard plastic material makes them more likely to snap than softer plastic.
- The tees bend after a few shots, which can mess with your direction.
Like the Champ Golf Tees, these tees also have a six-pronged tip. The crown-shaped dynamic end brings out your drive’s best by reducing the resistance at impact. If you aren’t as confident in your skills yet, the tip takes the pressure off. These best golf tees for beginners are great because they’re more forgiving.
Unlike the other tees made from either wood or plastic, the Green Keepers are made from a delicate mix of materials. The mixture combines plastic’s durability and wood’s balance to give you the best of both worlds. According to scientific tests, you can use the tees for up to 100 drives.
Using Greenkeepers golf tees is a great idea for beginners because they’re designed to improve your game. They give you enough control to drive the ball further, hence the name “4 Yards More”. The reduced friction leads to reduced ball spins, making it easier for you to aim at and hit the ball.
- Length: 3 1/4 inches
- Dimensions: 7.09 x 0.59 x 6.1 inches
- Weight: 0.76 ounces
- They’re the only tees that are proven to improve distance.
- They come in a vibrant blue color that isn’t confusing.
- The tee allows you to lower your ball flight.
- They’re legal for tournament use.
- A verified customer confirmed that they’re long-lasting. They said that they used the same tee for five months.
- They still stay in the ground even after you’ve hit the ball. You’re less likely to lose them because they can stay put.
- They’re difficult to put in the ground when the soil is hard.
- There are only four tees in the pack, which is one less than the other brands.
These best golf tees for beginners have a five-pronged head. The crown-shaped head makes it easier for you to put the ball on the tee. This is a time-saver because you spend less time doing the setup and more time enjoying the game.
The tees have a strong shape that makes them more durable. Each tee has impact ribs that offer top-level stability. It’s not only about holding the ball up but about holding it steady. Having a shaky tee could sabotage your game and ruin your experience.
Whether you always make the tee fly backward, or you can never find the correct height to place your tee, this tee will fix your mistakes. A verified customer confirmed that they saw a substantial improvement in their driving range after they started using the golf tees. You should buy these tees if you’re interested in finding a product that supports your learning.
- Length: 2 ¾ inches and 3 ¼ inches
- Number in each pack: 120
- Head Diameter: 0.44 Inch
- The tees have a money-back guarantee so the purchase is riskless.
- Getting 120 tees at such a low price is true value for your money.
- They hold the ball so securely that it will still be there even when you miss it.
- The head diameter is larger than other tees.
- They go straight into the ground without bending.
- The bright colors mean that they’re hard to lose.
- Some of them come in black, which is essentially useless because of how well it blends into the ground.
- A customer reported only receiving 75 tees, not 120.
The Eagle Work Golf Tees reduce friction and sidespin. The 4-prong design offers more stability than the others. It’s also easier to work with because you only have to balance the ball between four prongs and not six.
These tees are stronger than wooden tees because they’re made from a solid blend of materials. Even though it’s mostly plastic, there are additional materials that make the tees eco-friendly. These tees are also non-toxic and you can use them hundreds of times.
The Eagle Work tees have a customized stripe marking system. The stripes help you find the perfect tee height so that you have more consistent hits. You can also use this feature for different golf courses and different golf clubs.
- Length: 3 1/4 inches and 2 ¾ inches
- Number of pieces: 100
- Material: Polymer blend
- Color: Purple and orange
- The product only became available earlier this year, so you know that it has the latest technology.
- You have a choice between two sizes.
- They’re eco-friendly.
- 100 pieces at the price is a steal.
- Bright colors so that you don’t lose them.
- You can play a full 18 holes with one tee.
- They’re so rigid that putting them into the ground can be difficult.
- They might not break but they easily bend.
Finding the best golf tees for beginners can seem like a daunting task, but hopefully, this article makes the process easier. Remember, the most important things to consider before buying golf tees are durability, flexibility, consistent tee height, and the quality of materials used to make the tees.